12/01/2010

Time for an update.

With regards to WoW: This one's complicated. Okay, so back here a few weeks ago I'm hanging in Desolace being bored, because that's about all you do in Desolace. Desolace = Desolation. Anyway, fortunately I was at the Inn at that particular moment, when suddenly I get a notify that Kill is online. FRAGGING WHAT?! He LEFT! He wasn't coming back! He was quitting WoW! So yeah, kinda shocked. I ported back to Stormwind, ran out to Elwynn, there he is. Same old Rogue pimp he always was. Almost first thing he sez is "You left the Guild?" So I had to explain yes, left the Guild, they were being horses' patoots toward low levels, but I'm good, I'm leveling, see? Anca's much higher than when you left -- At which point he yells for the new Guild leader to meet us in Elwynn. By that time other old Guildies started showing up, there was a crowd, the now-leader of NO shows up, Kill starts giving him the what fer, Drama ensues, I'm wanting to sink into the ground.

I left of my own free will. I believe in voting with one's feet. You don't like a situation, leave. I'm not so dependent on a Guild that I can't hang on my own and be happy with it, though fending off the other Guilds trying to recruit me is a pain and a half. I didn't want to be a club to beat somebody with. Owl, Anca and Skya are just fine.

So. Anyway. Kill starts another guild. I joined. It's now as big as NO ever was. Though I must say the gbank is a bit better quality than NO's was.

Cataclysm is about to drop. I got a silly Gnome pimp that sometimes scares off annoying Taurens for me and tells me I'm amazing for no adequately explained reason. I am back to the situation of two posts ago.

Sometimes I log on to Skya just to escape the pressure of leveling. Just to play the game, not to feel like I've got to go clean out half of Tanaris.


Regarding the Day Job: Grievance has not been filed yet, researching what exactly they're in violation of. Got told again by the PM that I can't be put on the Maintenance register because we're an associate office and there's nowhere for me to advance to. In effect, I have no future in the PO and yes, I was handed a bill of goods with this dead end job.

Frag it, I was happy when I was unemployed. I played WoW ten hours a day and I was happy. I thought I'd never have to deal with the PO and all it's crap ever again. The future was dim, but it had possibility. I had a vast, empty road ahead of me and a world to explore.

Why am I doing this again?


This being the holiday season, there is the usual angst about how isolated I feel being me in a family of ultra-conservative racist homophobes. Honestly, I'd be much happier staying here at home for Christmas. Alone, in the quiet, playing WoW. Being me, without being afraid to do or say anything that would offend anyone or embarrass anyone or ... just not have to deal with anyone else's idea of who I am.

I'm fragging tired.

No comments: